Schulzentrum Utbremen offers a wide range of full-time and part-time courses including vocational training in four fields of expertise: information technology, business studies, science and foreign languages. Around 1,800 students are educated by 140 teachers.
The school’s current structure is the result of a long process of development mainly focused on providing students with professional training relevant for the business world. Furthermore, our educational programmes provide students with different options to gain access to tertiary institutions. The qualification to study at university can be obtained at the end of the course or as a part of an additional year of study at the school. The school’s courses are centered on the following principles:
- Integration of general and vocational education.
- International focus of the school.
- Diversity in education.
- Unique/highly developed culture of cooperation both in and out of school.
- Continuous improvement of education courses through quality management.
Motivational school environment / atmosphere
School is much more than lessons! The variety of school life at the Europaschule Schulzentrum Utbremen is an important indicator of quality evident in various school activities. The following list provides a glimpse of the diversity on offer at our school:
- In 2013, our school was recertified as a European School (in German: “Europaschule”), as a result of various activities and events related to Europe. It has held this title since 2007.
- On 1st October, 2010, Europaschule Schulzentrum Utbremen was awarded the title “school without racism – school with courage” (“Schule ohne Rassismus – Schule mit Courage”)
- On 13th November, 2012, Europaschule Schulzentrum Utbremen was certified as a school promoting mathematics, information technology, natural sciences and technology (in German: “MINT-freundliche Schule”).
- Our school has been designated as a local academy in cooperation with the Hochschule Bremen and CISCO since 2003.
- Schulzentrum Utbremen offers a wide range of extracurricular activities. In addition, the students participate in various local, national and international projects and competitions.